Headed to Summit 2019? Let’s review your preparations:
- Business cards packed?
- Comfortable shoes planned?
- Academy classes scheduled?
- Questions to answer and people to meet identified?
- Sessions picked?
You still have a little time to prepare, but don’t wait much longer. The key to getting the most out of your time there is to have a plan of how you’re going to use your time, and that includes assembling a schedule of sessions that will get you the answers you need. And if you’re looking for a session on advanced warehousing, personalization, or Microsoft Flow, Kim Congleton has you covered:
12:45 - 1:45
10:45 - 11:45
1:15 - 2:15
Advanced Warehousing is a perennial topic and Kim’s session will be packed with information. Want an advanced taste? Here are some insights Kim has shared:
- Turning on more warehouse functionality in NAV should be treated as its own project. There is a lot more involved than checking a few check boxes. For example, zones, bins and bin policies need to be though out properly so that directed pick will direct users to pick in an efficient path through the warehouse. You’ll need to evaluate if you want to use replenishments and setup your bins accordingly. Also put away templates need to be defined. There are at least 30 to 50 more depending on your situation that you’ll have to answer.
- Consider a mobile component when moving to Directed Pick and Put Away. If you move to more functionality there are more steps to process transactions but there are a lot of benefits as well. Moving to directed pick and put-away allows multiple tasks to be executed by multiple users but it works much better in an RF or mobile component so that transactions happen real time and are not recorded on paper and then entered later. There are many add-ons out there so make sure you evaluate them and find the right one for you.
- Don’t underestimate the need for change management for the project. Moving from picking on paper with basic warehousing to a mobile solution and directed pick and put away is a big change for the warehouse. Make sure people understand the change and how it will affect them. Have a plan to facilitate change management along with the project management of the project.
We look forward to seeing you at Summit!