Business Central Setup and Configuration Boot Camp
Class ID: NBCCF
At New View Strategies we are more committed than ever to helping you realize more value from your Dynamics 365 Business Central / NAV system.
Are you a business planning to implement Dynamics 365 Business Central on your own? Are you a partner looking for more information on how to efficiently and accurately implement this software for your customers? This workshop-format class provides a unique environment to learn all the foundational information you need to get started with implementing Dynamics 365 Business Central. You’ll leave class with hands-on implementation experience and be ready to tackle your own project.
Our first half day includes observation of a complete live implementation of the software from beginning to end. The next three days reviews in detail everything you need to know about how to migrate data and beginning balances, essential setups for each area, and how choices made at setup affect behavior of the software after go-live. The last half day will be your chance to try it on your own – every student will implement a simulated company from beginning to end in our hands-on learning environment.
The agenda for the class is as follows (subject to change):
Day 1 (9 a.m. – 5 p.m.) - Observe a Business Central Implementation
- Create New Company, Set Initial Permissions, Verify Supporting Tables
- Assisted Setup with Excel templates
- Supporting Functional Tables
- Master Data Setup with Excel and RapidStart
- Import Financial Balances
Day 2 (9 a.m. – 5 p.m.) - Walk through the setup steps
- Create new company
- User Permissions
- Supporting Base Tables & Supplementary Tables
- Assisted Setup Excel Templates
- Chart of Accounts
- Posting Groups
- Supporting Functional Tables
- Master Data Setup
Day 3 (9 a.m. – 5 p.m.) - Understanding basic Business Central functionality
- Financial Balances
- Profiles & Personalization
- Searching, Sorting, & Filtering
- FactBoxes & FastTabs
- Integrate Email to Office 365
- Approvals and Workflows
- Job Scheduler (Adjust Cost)
- Report Selections, Accounts Payable Check & Basic Banking
- Basic Financial Reporting
Day 4 (9 a.m. – 5 p.m.) - Data migration and testing
- Data Validation: Master Data
- Testing Best Practices
- Functional Testing
- Expanded Financial Testing
Day 5 (9 a.m. – 1 p.m.) - Do your own Business Central implementation
- Setup Through Supporting Functional Tables
- Setup Through Import Financial Balances
- Testing and GO LIVE
- Processing Real Transactions
Please note, during Friday’s session we will be covering capstone material that is critical to your take-aways from this class. Please schedule your travel after the scheduled conclusion.
Who Should Attend? Managers and staff from IT, project team members from Operations, and partners who need to understand how to implement Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central or improve their implementation project approach.
At the end of this class, participants will be able to:
- Navigate the software confidently, including sorting, filtering, and searching, and personalization of profiles
- Map out and follow the optimal order to use when completing implementation steps
- Apply the most effective tools for data migration
- Identify and review the steps for testing migrated data and functional capabilities before going live
- Participate in a simulated beginning-to-end implementation during class
Field of Study: Computer Software & Applications
Program Level: Intermediate
Advanced Preparation: Each student will receive their own hands-on learning environment via email shortly before class. Bring to class your own laptop with the training environment connected. We also recommend students bring an external mouse and a travel monitor to have a second screen when working on their laptops.
Delivery Method: Group Live
CPE Credits: By participating in this class you are eligible to earn up to 25 CPE credits which will be distributed following class completion. In order to be awarded the full credit hours, you must be present, registering your attendance and departure on the designated attendance sheets. Class participation will be monitored, and you will not receive CPE credit for any portion of the class that you do not appear fully engaged.
Version: This class will be taught in Dynamics NAV 2018. If you are evaluating or use Dynamics 365 Business Central, the functionality and processes taught will be applicable with only minor differences. We will review the pertinent differences between the two user interfaces early in the class, and throughout the class we will identify any significant differences in functionality between the versions where appropriate. If you are using an earlier version of NAV, likewise we will highlight significant differences in features and functionality as appropriate.
Learning environment: As experienced trainers of adult learners, we understand how to make training “stick”. We use proven practices to make sure you retain what you learn and are fully equipped to go back to the office and immediately apply what you discovered in class. Each day, you will spend more than 50% of your time doing hands-on exercises in our simulated learning environment.
Refund and Cancellation Policy: Please refer to our Refund and Cancellation policy here.